W8 Trial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W8 Trial

I am now trying out Windows 8. After several trial and error ordeals, I installed Windows 8 on my MAC [well .... what's left of the MAC anyways]. I had to install it with VirtualBox since MAC Bootcamp decided not to function. Windows 8 still has glitches since this just a 'beta'. That was no surprise except that the glitches and bugs were not as numerous as I expected. There is quite a bit of learning of new habits and breaking of old habits to be done. YET, I think that it is pretty cool so far. I found myself liking the tile scheme better than the traditional desktop screen. I'd like to try that on a tablet at some point.

P.S. This thread was done via Windows 8.

I just made the mistake of getting a new machine with Windows 7. Give me back XP Pro. Whoever "improved" Windows Explorer should be fired. Good luck with 8.
    <a href="http://wmnemba.wordpress.com/">White Mountains NEMBA</a>

Comment

Originally posted by radair View Post
      I just made the mistake of getting a new machine with Windows 7. Give me back XP Pro. Whoever "improved" Windows Explorer should be fired. Good luck with 8.
      Windows 7 is a "shock" if you've never used it before. My old HP with XP Home on it bit the dust. I got an Acer with Vista on it. I was nervous because I heard lots of bad comments about Vista. As it turned out, once I learned how Vista worked, I quickly fell in love with it. For my needs, it was way better. Of course, when 7 came along, it was better than Vista. Now that 8 is on the way, I finally get a chance to try it out before hand. So far, I like it. I would like to try it on a tablet device so I can experience what its intended puropse is.

Comment

Working...
      X