How old is everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:How old is everyone?

im in the middle of the pack at 43. however i still act like a 16 year old. the peter pan complex I WILL NEVER GROWUP

Comment

It must be February. All the imagination has run out and we are reduced to "How old are you" threads. Starved for contact, content, and new experiances we fall back to small talk. Forum participation has droped to the S.A.D. level.

Whats next? How many kids do you have. ;D ;D

bill
      older then i once was and younger then i'll be. Thats not unusual.

Comment

[quote author=justbill link=board=8;threadid=3421;start=30#22290 date=1077049195]
        It must be February. All the imagination has run out and we are reduced to "How old are you" threads. Starved for contact, content, and new experiances we fall back to small talk. Forum participation has droped to the S.A.D. level.

bill
        older then i once was and younger then i'll be. Thats not unusual.
        [/quote]

Noooo! How about what time do you get to bed at night?
        Or how far has your hairline receded or What do you use for after ride aches and pain? :
        I am the designated sweep!

Comment

[quote author=justbill link=board=8;threadid=3421;start=30#22290 date=1077049195]

[/quote]

No kids, because I still act like one......

However I am hurt that you find my topic so mundane :'( Perhaps you can start a thread extolling the virtues of denim, or how to build ladder bridges from free construction site scraps, better yet skills tips.

Honestly I was curious of the age of the average NEMBA forum member vs. the busted spoke member. Actually the demographic is older than I thought. I think that there are 2 very distinct factions within the world of mountain biking with age being a very strong factor. Many of the differences are perceived (stereotypes) but many are real. Once I extrapolate this data I will send it over to MIT for further analysis.

Comment

52, but I only feel it after riding!

Comment

[quote author=AA link=board=8;threadid=3421;start=30#22296 date=1077051689]

Honestly I was curious of the age of the average NEMBA forum member vs. the busted spoke member. Actually the demographic is older than I thought. I think that there are 2 very distinct factions within the world of mountain biking with age being a very strong factor. Many of the differences are perceived (stereotypes) but many are real. Once I extrapolate this data I will send it over to MIT for further analysis.

[/quote]

um, can you do my taxes too........................... ;D

26, and realllllll bad at math

hahaha.......whoops that should be 28...........see, real bad a math
              www.bustedspoke.com

Comment

32 going on 25.
                "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life\'s problems!"
                -Homer Simpson

Comment

Hit the big 40 last week. YIKES! but time's oinly a concept right?

John
                  Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Comment

Turning 30 0n Mon

Comment

Yes, please extrapolate this data and send it to MIT. I'm hoping that they will come back and tell me that i'm not really 52 yrs old and it's just a figment? of my imagination and that i'm really 25-30 and i could actually average better than 6-10 mpm in the woods and go for at least 25 mi before feeling slightly burnt and i could drink six beers for breakfast and still keep up with most on a group ride and o-geeeze i'm dreaming again...sorry i forgot where i was
                      ooops...Hello All

Comment

It seems to me that young people really are not all that interested in joining advocacy groups, generally speaking. As they get older, they understand the benefits of groups such as NEMBA and become more likely to join.
                        Or they see through the BS and small town politics :

Sparkster=32

I can't believe Clysdale is only 26

Comment

BTW - there was a similar thread over at MTBR Passion over the summer, I did the math (I know, loser!). Average age over there was 35.

John
                          Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Comment

Im 37 but my girlfriend is 24 WooooooHoooooooo LOL
                            Alittle knowledge is a dangerous thing

Comment

Well, at least I'm not the oldest. What I find interesting is that cycling really transcends age. I typically ride with a group that ranges from 25 to 53 - but no generation gap. I've ridden a bunch of times with my son (11) and his friends, another buddy's kid (14 yr old freerider) and, on the bike at least, we're all equals.

Oh, I'm 46.
                              <a href="http://wmnemba.wordpress.com/">White Mountains NEMBA</a>

Comment

One year younger than Scabby (aka 'Slider') and not that much older than the rest of ya'll. (46)
                                Which, in male mountainbiking years, is about 17 and 1/2, based on a casual reading of this website's posts.
                                WooHoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X