Western Trip Destination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Trip Destination

I'm thinking about planning a trip out west for late spring or early summer. Everybody talks about Moab, a bit about Fruita, but are there other places to check out? What are people's experiences? Any good resources for how to pull a trip together?

We could spend hours on the subject . If you like, send me your phone # to hdmsmz@gmail.com with a time to call, and we can discuss it. Harry

Comment

Originally posted by TshirtFiend View Post
      I'm thinking about planning a trip out west for late spring or early summer. Everybody talks about Moab, a bit about Fruita, but are there other places to check out? What are people's experiences? Any good resources for how to pull a trip together?
      A couple buddies of mine and I have been doing an annual trip to the St George region of Utah. You can typically find some great deals to fly into Vegas, also the rental car pricing there tends to be cheap. From St george you can easily get up to Bryce or Gooseberry which gives you a great variety of riding. A great site to check out for biking in Utah is, utahmountainbiking.com. The area is great it has a little bit of everything, except crowds.

Comment

Thanks guys. Harry, I'll send you an email.

Comment

Durango, CO is also another great destination with many different mountain biking experiences from dessert to high country riding. Great breweries in town as well!

Comment

Have you guys rented bikes out there (wherever)? I'm guessing that my XC bike might not be the best fit for western riding, plus bringing it on the plane would be a drag. Not sure what kind of resources there are though, and it seems like quality would be a crap shoot.

Comment

I just came back from Sedona, which might be OK if you go spring, not summer.
              We rented amazing bikes for about the price of schlepping on the airplane. Much more convenient, you get a really nice new bike, and don't bang up your own bike travelling and riding for days. Someone suggested adventurebus to us.

Comment

Wow, Sedona and Durango are looking like really great options. Maybe Durango would be a little cooler if I go in late May or early June?

Comment

Working...
                X