Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places confirmed rideable in NE (Winter 2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places confirmed rideable in NE (Winter 2013)

Please add to the list and keep it going through out the winter!

1/1/2013
    Wompatuck, MA
    Massasoit, MA
    Nickerson, MA (Cape)
    Willow Street, MA (Cape)
    Trail of Tears, MA (Cape)
    Burlingame, RI

Awesome idea. Thanks

When you say 'rideable' do you mean snow free? I live in Ayer and we currently have some trails in the area that are ridable, but cha need studs.
    Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
    Sunday River Bike Park

Comment

Doesn't have to be snow free, just passable

Comment

Willowdale isn't snow free but it's rideable as well without studs according to a post on MTBR.

Comment

12/31: Fells fire-roads rideable without studs

Comment

As of 1/2/13, Russell Mills was in sweet shape. Trails are hardpacked. I guess the MV crew snowshoe'd the area, then packed it in with fat-bikes. Mint!!!!!!!!!! No studs needed, just lower pressure.
            Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
            Sunday River Bike Park

Comment

Rode Trail of Tears Friday. It was 98% bumpy/crunchy ice. Gave just enough traction. No studs needed.

Comment

Stow town forest is ridable with regular tires (no studs required). Main trails are packed like concrete, smaller singletracks are ridable with a little extra effort needed in places.

Comment

Rocky Neck is very ridable as well as Bluff Point in CT. Just did it yesterday in rather low knob tires and only the steepest northern facing hills I wasn't able to get up.
                  Last edited by thomllama; January 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM.
                  Always wear a Helmet and Glasses when riding!!

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
                  www.sectnemba.org
                  SECT NEMBA on Facebook..
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/585044744912146/

Comment

Willow St (exit 7) on the Cape is in awesome shape. Totally rideable with just a couple (rideable) puddles of ice/snow and a couple trees across trails (I'll cut asap). AND, the trail fairy has leaf-blown much of the Willow St side and the Mary Dunn side, making those cleared sections sticky and super-fast.

Comment

Stow town forest was mostly rideable this am. Had to push a few times, but mostly rideable. The exposed dirt sections of trail were in great shape, firm, virtually mud free.

Comment

Russell Mill in Chelmsford is a mess. The dirt lot is trouble unless you have all wheel drive. To the people that did ride RM today, the condition of the parking lot should have been a clue dumb ass.
                        Ibis Mojo HD / Demo 8

Comment

I have heard that Case in Manchester CT is good to go as long as you pick your trails carefully. Visitors: please find a guide - though I expect the situation will improve with freezing later in the week.
                          Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Comment

Horse Hill was rideable on 1/21/13. Hardpacked snow and ice. I have studded tires so it was fine for me, unsure if unstudded tires would work.

Comment

Rode Bolton Monday night. Mostly crunchy snow covered. Studs not needed. Steeper climbs were a bit tough on some of the less tracked sections.

Comment

Working...
                              X