Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places confirmed rideable in NE (Winter 2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llf

20 degrees Friday, had a great ride in Landlocked Forest. Ground was entirely frozen, great grip, no risk of trail damage. We both rode regular full suspension Santa Cruz's with 2.35 tires and had no issues for most of the ride. Some corners you slid into on the snow, some you didn't. Made a fun guessing game. Walk over the one stream that flowed over the trail. I didn't.

Comment

fells in great shape sunday afternoon

Middlesex Fells Reservoir loop (orange trail) excellent conditions. Frozen dirt, no snow, a couple small ice patches. I walked around one 10 foot ice flow, otherwise it's 100% ride-able. Studs not needed.

Comment

Foxboro is passable on fire roads thanks to some snowmobile riders. We saw some ground and roots on a trail going around a body of water.
        The fact there is a lot of soft snow on the side of the trail makes for soft landings. I can personally attest to!

Comment

2/23/2013
          S.F. Gilbert State Forest AKA Foxboro limited

Comment

3/9/2013, Arcadia, Big River and Burlingame....all clear of snow and rideable.

Comment

The Cape is looking pretty good. Rode Willow Street (exit 7), and I know that Trail of Tears, and most likely Otis are good also. I've heard that blow downs are an issue in Otis...
              "Everyone I know in bicycling is at least a little bit crazy, present company included." Sheldon Brown

semass

Comment

Isn't the Fells having some mud problems? At least, that is what I thought someone else stated.

Comment

Working...
                X