Bigfoot, UFO's, Black Helicopters, etc in New England riding spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBH View Post
    That's me Jay. You been out to our end of the Cape lately?
    Not since the spring, but tomorrow we close up shop, so I'm looking forward to getting down there. I've been talking to Dan and hopefully we'll ride the Seashore soon.

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamjay View Post
      Not since the spring, but tomorrow we close up shop, so I'm looking forward to getting down there. I've been talking to Dan and hopefully we'll ride the Seashore soon.
      I think a Seashore "night" fat ride would be nice.
      2011 Misfit DiSSent 1 x 10
      2011 9:zero:7 fatbike
      Surly Karate Monkey rigid s/s

Comment

Just to keep this thread alive...

Because I live in NH and work in MA, my xcountry skiing time in daylight doesn't happen too often, especially if we get some good snow mid-week. One night last winter I was about 30min into skiing, pushing a good pace, headlamp off because the moon was so bright and the snow reflecting so much light. I saw something move out the corner of my eye and lost my focus and lost my balance. Caught an edge and fell on my side, cursing. All the sudden the snow erupts, the brush is moving all around me, things running all around me. As I freak out and try to get my hands free from my poles, I manage to get my headlamp on just in time to see some deer run off. I had stumbled across some sleeping deer and woke them up. Scared the crap outta me.

I've seen moose tracks and coyote tracks out there, but haven't come across them yet. Maybe this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRizz View Post
          If there isn't you may as well be carrying a hammer. I don't think the OP should have to justify why he was legally carrying his firearm.
          Really? Then the US Marine Corp might as well throw out all of their firearms, since no one would ever carry a Condition 1 firearm in a backpack... while mountain biking....

IN THE SUBURBS OF MASSACHUSETTS. Thanks for playing.

Comment

My daughter and I went "Squachin" in Callahan State Forest a few weeks ago. We found some spots that she thought were good spots for a Sasquatch. Well, I went for a night ride last week through Callahan and even though I didn't see a Squach, There is definitely something out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Chocula View Post
              Really? Then the US Marine Corp might as well throw out all of their firearms, since no one would ever carry a Condition 1 firearm in a backpack... while mountain biking....

IN THE SUBURBS OF MASSACHUSETTS. Thanks for playing.
              I was not referring to a backpack. I was referring to having the firearm in a holster. I stand by my statement in that method of carrying. And I don't care who trained you, if you are not carrying with one in the chamber, YOU are doing it wrong. Thanks for playing right back at you.
              Last edited by MikeRizz; November 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeckler View Post
                My daughter and I went "Squachin" in Callahan State Forest a few weeks ago. We found some spots that she thought were good spots for a Sasquatch. Well, I went for a night ride last week through Callahan and even though I didn't see a Squach, There is definitely something out there!
                At Callahan? Nah, man, that's just me - I go running at night and am kinda fuzzy.
                blue Trek Fuel FS
                Red Subaru Forester

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRizz View Post
                  I was not referring to a backpack. I was referring to having the firearm in a holster. I stand by my statement in that method of carrying. And I don't care who trained you, if you are not carrying with one in the chamber, YOU are doing it wrong. Thanks for playing right back at you.
                  OK dude, you win. Go bike riding, with a loaded, holstered pistol. You're a normal person.

Comment

MikeRizz could you please post where your riding so I can stay the hell out of there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Chocula View Post
                      OK dude, you win. Go bike riding, with a loaded, holstered pistol. You're a normal person.

Originally posted by kevinmcc15 View Post
                      MikeRizz could you please post where your riding so I can stay the hell out of there!!!
                      Sorry to disappoint, I do NOT carry while biking. My point was IF you are carrying a concealed firearm without one in the pipe, you are doing it wrong.

Comment

Maybe this thread should just be moved to the polotics and rants forum. It is a shame, it started off interesting, now it's just crap.

Comment

Originally posted by bcarm View Post
                          Maybe this thread should just be moved to the polotics and rants forum. It is a shame, it started off interesting, now it's just crap.
                          I was thinking just AOL chat forums.
                          blue Trek Fuel FS
                          Red Subaru Forester

Comment

Originally posted by bcarm View Post
                            Yea, move along folks, not much to see here.

Speaking of politcs and rants, I was out riding at LDT this morning (Brrrrrrrr!) and speaking of rare and scary things that you see in the woods, I actually saw a buncha people ( PK included!) actually riding 26ers. I had to do a double take. Damn, I thought the crew I ride with were the only one's on the east coast that still rock the 26 inch hoops anymore.

I'm so used to seeing kit'd up folks lowering their 29'ers off their roof rack tray only to have to put their front tire on before they start riding. Don't they make a roof rack mount that holds a 29er with the front tire on?????????? hahahaha

Good thing I wasn't carrying.....with one in the pipe.........oh wait, maybe someone I was with had a pipe, and the pipe was loaded, oh nevermind. Carry on.
                            Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
                            Sunday River Bike Park

Comment

26" w/ gearz = fad.

Unless they have mustache bars.
                              Slapheadmofo Leisure Team
                              Sinister Bikes
                              Wachusett Brewing
                              Sunday River Bike Park

Comment

I saw a bunch of guys dressed like the were gonna play lacrosse of hockey or something....but they were riding bikes. Bikes that looked like they've never scraped against a rock. What is that all about?
                                Last edited by DAVID J; November 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X