Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auntesther View Post
    just doesnt care for running in pants.
    Funniest line in a funny thread. But what's up with these dudes so scared of the world around them they need to pack weapons on a bike ride?

I guess just 'cuz you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you...

Comment

Originally posted by smelly View Post
      ...so scared of the world around them...
      Yeah, that describes Ant to a tee right there.

Ya know, you gotta be mindful when casting dispersions about people you don't know from a hole in the wall.
      Unles of course you don't mind being so far off base as to have your statements qualify you as a meathead. Then, hey, assume away...hell, why not just go ahead and make the same case about anyone (besides on-duty police and soldiers) that owns a firearm at all. What the hell are all these pussys afraid of anyway? Nothing bad ever happens.
      Slapheadmofo Leisure Team
      Sinister Bikes
      Wachusett Brewing
      Sunday River Bike Park

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
        Ya know, you gotta be mindful when casting dispersions about people you don't know from a hole in the wall.
        Isn't that what these forums are for?

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
        Unles of course you don't mind being so far off base as to have your statements qualify you as a meathead.
        Wouldn't be the first time someone's called me a name, but I ain't any more of a meathead than the dudes packing heat on a mountain bike ride. Hey, that's just the naive perspective of a guy who thinks guns cause more harm than they prevent.

But we can agree to disagree on that. I want to hear more wacky stories about women in nightvision goggles and pantsless runners! I can't believe it took me so long to find this thread. Full of hilarity. When I get some time, maybe over the weekend, I'll contribute a story of my own.

Comment

at batchelor street, this was on oct 18, I was the first car on the lot at 8 in the morning. I was riding around trail marker 219, and saw a teepee made out of pine branches. I could see somebody inside crouching and looking out the entry at me. Last friday, I went back in the afternoon with a friend to look at it. There was some stuff inside, but I didn't go in to see what it all was. I think somebody lives there and leaves when people start arriving. I hope they are not breaking into vehicles. At any rate, camping is not allowed there, as far as I know, so their teepee probably should be taken down.
          The lady with sunglasses was probably blind. She wasn't going to walk off a cliff just to get out of your way.
          One time I sat on a roadside rock to drink some water and there was dead billy goat behind the rock, with its eyes still open, like it was watching me. This was by a farm, so I bet it got loose and killed by a hit and run driver. I stopped at the next sheep farm I saw, but the weird farmer there wouldn't even look me in the eye when I asked him if he knew of anyone missing a billy goat. I wonder if it was him that killed it.

Comment

Anyone ever hear laughing children's voices when riding past Metfern Cemetary at Rock Meadow?

I haven't, but I also think I'm going to. Too many horror movies for this guy.
            blue Trek Fuel FS
            Red Subaru Forester

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
              Anyone ever hear laughing children's voices when riding past Metfern Cemetary at Rock Meadow?
              Nah, but I did see a guy in the middle of the night, taking a piss on the side of the trail with his light off. Good think I wasn't carrying, word has it that I'm a freaked out, trigger happy, mountain biker.

Maybe the children we're still laughing at the guy who dumped $1300 into the front end of an entry level bike. Now, that's spooky.
              Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
              Sunday River Bike Park

Comment

Originally posted by TheHare View Post
                Nobody likes a Sloppy Drunk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_CJsTC1o-E

Unless he/she is WILLIN'
                "Some people say the most abundant element on earth is hydrogen. I say it's stupidity" - Frank Zappa

Comment

Don't run with scissors...

(this thread is way too much fun!)
                  If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

Comment

This is some funny stuff!
                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dsPqMVQb3Q
                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zmKIS90hf0
                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4kKSQAmjbY

Comment

It's about to be night riding season for me and thought about this thread from last year. Anyone have any new stories from the past year?? And yes, I still think about the lady in sunglasses every time I hit the trails at night.
                      2011 Misfit DiSSent 1 x 10
                      2011 9:zero:7 fatbike
                      Surly Karate Monkey rigid s/s

Comment

Originally posted by antmav View Post
                        Nah, but I did see a guy in the middle of the night, taking a piss on the side of the trail with his light off. Good think I wasn't carrying, word has it that I'm a freaked out, trigger happy, mountain biker.
                        I knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Chocula View Post
                          (round in the chamber? I hope not).
                          If there isn't you may as well be carrying a hammer. I don't think the OP should have to justify why he was legally carrying his firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
                            Where is this? PM if you like...Thanks
                            Sorry to reply a year late, lol. To be honest after my last post when I mentioned guns, I knew it would kick up a shitstorm, so I avoided this thread. I'm gonna leave that dead horse alone now.

King philips spring is in the Fall River Watershed area. Its marked on the new bioreserve maps that are available at the ranger station and copicut woods parking. Its off of dead mans trail.

To whoever mentioned the pet cemetary, I rode over there the other day and checked it out. Definitely a weird place. There are all the little graves of hunting dogs, but there are also some odd holes, somebody dug some up a few years ago. Why? I don't want to know. And in true Freetown fashion, its unmaintained and overgrown, giving it an even creepier feel.

Comment

Originally posted by JBH View Post
                              It's about to be night riding season for me and thought about this thread from last year. Anyone have any new stories from the past year?? And yes, I still think about the lady in sunglasses every time I hit the trails at night.
                              JBH, are you on Cape. Do you ride with Dan? Did we do a ride at the Nat'l seashore last year? Well I know I did, were you with us? How many other people can there be that have a misfit and a fatbike (as do I)?

Sorry bout all the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamjay View Post
                                JBH, are you on Cape. Do you ride with Dan? Did we do a ride at the Nat'l seashore last year? Well I know I did, were you with us? How many other people can there be that have a misfit and a fatbike (as do I)?

Sorry bout all the questions.
                                That's me Jay. You been out to our end of the Cape lately?
                                2011 Misfit DiSSent 1 x 10
                                2011 9:zero:7 fatbike
                                Surly Karate Monkey rigid s/s

Comment

Working...
                                X