Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigfoot, UFO's, Black Helicopters, etc in New England riding spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Definitely a creepy experience. But maybe there is a semi-rational explanation, maybe she was blind.

    Comment


    • #32
      And if she was blind it would explain why she's out at night. No "Fear of the Dark".

      Comment


      • #33
        Drugs?

        Or a Cory Hart fan (I wear my sunglasses at night... remember that one??)
        I used to work in a bakery as a pilot. I'd take the bread from one corner and pile it in another.....
        but I got sick of the dough and went on the loaf!

        Comment


        • #34
          Good one!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by antmav View Post
            Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

            At 2:30am, I more than prepared to run into some wildlife, maybe other riders/moto dudes/snowmobiles, etc.........but someone in the middle of the woods with no lights wearing sunglasses. Yea, good luck with your spoke wrench.
            I was in the Marines for 8 years, don't need a pistol or a spoke wrench to ride trails in the Greater Boston area.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Evil Chocula View Post
              I was in the Marines for 8 years, don't need a pistol or a spoke wrench to ride trails in the Greater Boston area.
              Yeah try a night ride in sheeps fold
              ROCKHOPPERS RULE!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Darth Bike View Post
                Yeah try a night ride in sheeps fold
                You'd need a different type of protection for that nightride Darth.

                <kidding>

                Comment


                • #38
                  Ha! ZING!
                  blue Trek Fuel FS
                  Red Subaru Forester

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Great thread, although I am confident I will regret reading it on my next night ride. Freakin old lady in sunglasses...
                    2011 Misfit DiSSent 1 x 10
                    2011 9:zero:7 fatbike
                    Surly Karate Monkey rigid s/s

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by JBH View Post
                      Great thread, although I am confident I will regret reading it on my next night ride. Freakin old lady in sunglasses...
                      Don't worry, the Old Lady Sunglass Monster hates the taste of Toasty Coastys.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Evil Chocula View Post
                        PS WTF is "you know what"? You packing heat on night rides?!
                        On every ride!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          A bunch of us were doing a night ride deep in the bowels of Foxboro one night. All of a sudden a catch a very distinct smell. I stop and ask everyone else if they notice it. Yup. All of us agreed it smelled exactly like chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. WTF?!?! No houses anywhere near us. Cannot imagine someone was camping out there baking cookies. Maybe that sweet old lady with the sunglasses was planning to feed us? Never found out what it was.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Scott O View Post
                            A bunch of us were doing a night ride deep in the bowels of Foxboro one night. All of a sudden a catch a very distinct smell. I stop and ask everyone else if they notice it. Yup. All of us agreed it smelled exactly like chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. WTF?!?! No houses anywhere near us. Cannot imagine someone was camping out there baking cookies. Maybe that sweet old lady with the sunglasses was planning to feed us? Never found out what it was.
                            I would have shot the cookie maker on the spot. Someone who bakes cookies at night int the woods must be hell spawn.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CaptainB View Post
                              On every ride!
                              I just don't get scared enough to carry a gun while I'm bike riding here in the Mass suburbs. Maybe you guys know something I don't.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I've run into the Wiccans before, but I'm sure I've scared people coming out of the bush late without my light on holding a rogue hoe or pulaski. Just like working on the trails in the fall after work and when dusk gets dark enough I use the light to work and turn it off for the hike out, enjoy the solitude. Definitely encountered a rider or two with me popping up on them or me "materializing" in front of them around a corner before their lights, and eyes, could find me. I'm not a wee fellow either.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X