Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, my name is Mike. I have been riding for a while... since the Mid 90's. I started riding at Franklin forest, and have ridden at Noanet in Westwood, Wrentham forest, Upton Woods, Foxboro, and Lincoln woods. This year I have been riding mainly at Vietnam. What a great place... !

My ride is a 06' Prophet, in need of new front suspension... still useable. I enjoy mostly XC riding, but like scare myself occasionally.

The only trip I have taken worth mentioning is to Mount Snow back in the 90's, good time.

I went on a group ride with the bvnemba group recently, and it was a blast... will try to make more of these rides.

see ya on the trails...

Comment

hello ladys and gents my name is bill i live in medford area and mostly ride alot of the trails on the fells...minute man trail and any other spots were there is good riding.....i want to head up north this year to highland mt. and the white mts to ride some trails

Comment

Hey y'all...

I just joined. I should have joined long ago. I also joined my wife, but she doesn't know that yet. I live in Cambridge and most often ride the fells out of convenience, but I long for other trails. I've been riding for many years, which should mean I'm in incredible shape...but I'm not. I'm in relatively ok shape .

I currently ride:

2007 Kona Stinky
        Fuji Track (fixie)

I'm building up a single speed mtn bike right now with a Norco Torrent frame I have. I hope to have it run double duty as a dirt jumper/trail slayer. Granted, if it's for both, it's not that great for either, but I don't care. It's gonna be sweet.

Comment

Hi

I'm over from Australia and working in Newport, RI for two years - didn't bring my road bike as I heard the traffic was pretty extreme here. Cracked after 6 weeks and bought a 29er yesterday to commute on and 'get some dirt in my eye'. Absolutely no experience (other than as a kid and that's pre-80s!) so ready to listen and learn while, hopefully, having a blast. Anyone patient enough to show me the ropes or offer advice, just drop me a line. Particularly like to know what is essential to take (bug sprays?) - could be a new thread in itself there. Hope to get to Lincoln Woods on Friday 08/08 but gotta try and achieve that family/work/life balance thingy.

Cheers

Stretch

Comment

Water, bug spray, and tubes... then anything else you can fit in your pack.
            What I lack in knowledge I ll make up in blood or luck.

Comment

Thanks Strange

Any particular bug spray or are they all much the same?

Stretch

Comment

Anything with Deet.
                What I lack in knowledge I ll make up in blood or luck.

Comment

hey everyone im new to NEMBA - Aug 14th.

Im in the south east boston chapter and live in braintree mass.
                  I live in upstate new york (rochester) however i im in this gorgeous state long term due to a package engineer internship in lakeville with ocean spray.

I recently bought a Yeti As-x and am excited to push it to its limits.
                  my first ride with people associated with nemba is this thurs at wompy- im excited.

Comment

Calling all new forum members...

I am new to this forum, so i would like to contribute something to bike lovers. I hope it brings more attention to the woes of bikers.The Transportation Department currently has about 4,700 bike racks installed throughout the city, with an additional 500 in the planning stages. An improvement in bike infrastructure is important because a recent study conducted by the Department of City Planning found that lack of access to secure bike parking was the primary reason cyclists did not ride to work. And also, apparently, police frown upon locking bikes onto street signs.
                    -------------------
                    Sarah

http://www.alcoholaddiction.org/vermont

Comment

Hi...new to NEMBA as I just moved to Boston from Crested Butte, CO. I ride an '05 Santa Cruz Blur (before XC or LT) that I've built up over the years to be a really sweet ride.

I also come bearing my own website, check us out at www.crankcollective.com, I think everyone here will really like it.

Comment

...and people thought I was crazy to move to New England from Colorado last winter. Welcome, Phil...what brings you east?

For those that have never been there, Crested Butte is hands-down the best place I've ever ridden. I was supposed to be there this week, but things didn't fall into place.

Ken
                        Ken Keister

Comment

Howdy, folks!

My name is Fitch, and I've been riding since I was a kid. I started getting serious into mountain biking in probably `04 or so when my cousin recommended I bring my bike to the Fells. I've been in love with it ever since - I ride more each year. I currently abuse a 2005 Trek 4300DSC hardtail, and she's been pretty good to me. I'm having some trouble with it staying in gear while climbing, but that's another story...

If I'm not daydreaming about biking, I'm pounding the drums for Framingham's GRIFFON, a melodic heavy rock band that's been around for about 2 years now.

I love NEMBA and what everyone here contributes to trail advocacy and the betterment of an amazing hobby. I hope to become active in the group rides and trail maintenance days in the Boston area, and I'm looking forward to making some new friends to ride with!

Cheers,
                          Fitch
                          blue Trek Fuel FS
                          Red Subaru Forester

Comment

Hey guys, my name is Joe and I moved here about 6 weeks ago from Colorado for a job in Medway. I live in Framingham and thus far have really only ridden Vietnam, Lynn Woods and Gilbert Hills. All were pretty fun and I love east coast rocky technical stuff.

My main ride is a white Giant Trance, but I also have a Devinci Wilson DH bike that I really want to take out to Diablo or Highland as both are suppose to rock, a DJ bike that doesn't see much action, a cruzer, and a couple road bikes that are mostly for fitness more than really road riding. If ever anyone is interested in riding week nights or doing a day trip on a weekend up to Highland or somewhere please let me know as I am always looking to ride!

Comment

Originally posted by schmo-joe View Post
                              I live in Framingham and thus far have really only ridden Vietnam, Lynn Woods and Gilbert Hills.
                              Hey Joe, you should check out Callahan State Park in Framingham. It's down off Edmunds Road heading towards Sudbury. One side of the park is some good rooty New England riding with some great stuff to find -- the other side of the park, crossing the road, becomse very rocky and technical. Sounds like you'd enjoy it if you like technical New England riding!

Cheers,
                              Fitch
                              blue Trek Fuel FS
                              Red Subaru Forester

Comment

howdy im alex live over in sandwich (for those of you who dont know where that is will just call it cape cod mass.) i mostly ride at crane reservation (falmouth) mashpee river woodlands (mashpee) talbots point (sandwich) and trail of tears in barnstable. im a member of the airforce aux. (vollunteer search and rescue) national guard and im a repoman. i ride a blue fuji sundance.. yeah thats about it good to meet yal folks. look forward to hearin from ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X