Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am Jason and I live on Cape Cod. I recently joined NEMBA and I ride an 07 Cannondale Caffeine 29er and an 05 Kona Unit s/s. Always lookin for more places to ride and people to ride with.
    Jason
    Last edited by JBH; December 27th, 2007, 09:53 PM.
    2011 Misfit DiSSent 1 x 10
    2011 9:zero:7 fatbike
    Surly Karate Monkey rigid s/s

Comment

I'm new with forum but been riding since the mid 80s. In fact used to ride motorcycles with the Ol Coot. If he reads this he'll know who it is .Mostly ride at Wompy,Duxbury,Otis, Rocky Gutter and Rocky Woods. I live in the middle. I call it the mecca of Ma riding. Ride mostly Tuesdays and Sundays. See ya out there. JOETHEPRO
      thisaintnodisco

Comment

I just got back into mountain biking and just joined NEMBA this morning. I took a long time off from the bike, got into golfing and fell in love with it. Now I'm trying to get back into shape and remember how to ride a bike. I went to Massasoit to see what type of conditioning I'm in and found out that I'm either not opening my mouth enough or there isn't enough oxygen there. Let me tell you I was really sucking air. I had a blast just the same. I have a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR. I bought it back in the mid 90's and used to ride alot out at Otis and some at Trail of Tears. Now I live in Attleboro and really haven't explored the area for riding. I know one thing, this area seems to be more rocky and technical than the cape. I'm used to the rolling singletrack at otis. Everything here is technical, to me at least. This makes it hard to ride and get back to the point where I can tackle the hard stuff. Anyways, enough about that. I'm hoping to be able to meet people of my ability and get back into riding full time.

Comment

Hey all, ive been a NEMBA member for a few years. My name is Greg i live in North Attleboro. I usually ride Wrentham and Foxboro SF. But sometimes i get up to Vietnam if i can find someone to go with..lol most of my friends are not in shape enough for that crunch...

I usually ride on the weekends until the snow hits. I also like to hike sometimes.
          If anyone is in my area and needs a riding partner im available just send me a PM..

All my friends are fat and drink too much beer lol

Glad to be here..
          Last edited by Mntbiker13; October 11th, 2007, 10:48 AM.
          I love Dirt!!!

Comment

New to NEMBA

Hey there! I'm new to the membership and forum. My husband and I bought bikes about 10 years ago (Walmart specials) and finally upgraded to Gary Fisher's last year. I'm happy with mine but he just bought an awesome Cannondale Rush that he says feels like he's riding on clouds! Maybe next year I"ll upgrade to a nicer bike but for now, mine works. We bike at Massabesic in NH a couple times a week if we can. We bring our dog, Zak, with us who loves to run along side. We love biking single track but are looking into doing a triathlon next year at Clough State Park in NH so will probably start road biking in the spring, too.

We are always looking for people to bike and hike with and would love to meet people outside of NH, too and bike the weekends in MA, ME, VT or CT.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaingirl View Post
              We are always looking for people to bike and hike with and would love to meet people outside of NH, too and bike the weekends in MA, ME, VT or CT.
              Well getting involved with your local mountain biking organizations is a great way to meet other mt bikers and mt bikers that do advocacy, triathalons, cyclecross and marathons. I got involved with FOMBA and SNH NEMBA about 8 years ago. There are some really terrific, positive minded, and generous people making these organiztions something to be proud of and be a part of. Most of my best friends are people i've met through these organizations. See you on the trails.

Comment

My name is Ken Keister and I thought I should finally post in this thread since I've been lurking for a while, but posted for the first time earlier today. I currently live in Glenwood Springs, Colorado but will be moving to the Portland, Maine area in the near future.

I intend to become a NEMBA member as soon as I get to New England and plan to participate in trail building/trail workdays in the area.

To answer the original questions:

Where do you ride? I don't, yet
                Have any more pics? Link in my signature
                Take any good biking trips? Fruita, Crested Butte, Moab, Monarch Crest (all 3 hours or less from my present residence)

....and most importantly - what bike do you ride? Yeti 575 & Voodoo Dambala set up as SS.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the spring.
                Ken Keister

Comment

Originally posted by Yeti_Ken View Post
                  My name is Ken Keister and I thought I should finally post in this thread since I've been lurking for a while, but posted for the first time earlier today. I currently live in Glenwood Springs, Colorado but will be moving to the Portland, Maine area in the near future.

I intend to become a NEMBA member as soon as I get to New England and plan to participate in trail building/trail workdays in the area.

Take any good biking trips? Fruita, Crested Butte, Moab, Monarch Crest (all 3 hours or less from my present residence)

....and most importantly - what bike do you ride? Yeti 575 & Voodoo Dambala set up as SS.

I was looking at your pictures...seems to me you like the outdoors Great pictures. I hope Portland, Maine is as nice as Colorado for you. I don't think you could have chosen a better place to move to that is as close to the Colorado atmosphere than Maine.

Comment

Welcome Ken.
                    Be sure to try & hook up with Toddski for some local riding when you get to Maine...
                    "Everyone I know in bicycling is at least a little bit crazy, present company included." Sheldon Brown

semass

Comment

Guess I still qualify as new sooo...

Where do you ride? Foxboro, Edmund Hill, still finding places
                      Have any more pics? Nope, not yet
                      Take any good biking trips? Nope not yet
                      ....and most importantly - what bike do you ride? 03 Enduro with an 06 Marzocchi AM II w/ETA.

But, just got diagnosed with a herniated disc (L5), and going in for steroid treatment on tuesday, HOPEFULLY this won't end my season, but I'm kinda doubtful. Just got back into biking after a 10+ year hiatus, and skiing too. Actually met one of the board members last weekend by accident at Foxboro, really nice guy, and I hope like hell to be back on my bike asap. So much fun, so many years missed out on, lots to make up for.

Comment

Hey Ken if your moving to the Portland area give me a shout and will see if we can hook you up with some good local riding. There are alot of trails not far from Portland and the surrounding areas. Look forward to having you up here.
                        ltr calvin Weeks
                        keep a eye on the new website www.menemba.com

save our state parks

Comment

hey everybody. i'm eric i live in plainville. i ride mostly wrentham and some foxboro.i'm fairly new to mtn biking,but really want to do alot more of it. i've ridden massaoit and lincoln woods.i ride a 2006 ironhorse that was a spoting good store special but have replaced everything that you could. i'm syked to get out and ride. hope to possibly ride with some of you out there. looking forward to meet some of you and maybe i will see you on the trails. drop me a pm and if you want i do know my way around wrentham forest pretty well good riding

Comment

I live on the south shore and just recently got back into it, I haven't ridden in probably 3-4 years. I had a Gary Fisher Marlin when I lived in western MA and hit up spots throughout the berkshires. I actually just bought a 2003 kona kilauea, joe murray edition from Craigslist for $250 and was looking for feedback as it's my first Kona.

Thanks a lot all!

Comment

Merrimack Vally is where I live. Bikes?

Comment

OK DDYTDY it appears that you rode a fixie up Mt Washington..... holy crap! What gear did you use and how long did it take?

Comment

Working...
                                X