recycle that old deck!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recycle that old deck!

I happened to be at an apartment complex that was rebuilding their decks. They had just finished and the dumpster had the ends of the new 5/4 decking they used. I snagged about 80 - 2 foot long pieces. It should make about 40 feet of nice boardwalk.

In the past, I have been able to get some old deck material that was still in good shape and have made numerous projects with it.

So, keep your eyes open for construction in your area. Most people would be happy for you to save them on disposal charges. Even better, contact a local construction company and let them know you could use some "scrap" lumber.

Re:recycle that old deck!

Great idea! I have a pretty big deck that really needs to be redone. When (if- I admit it) I get around to doing it/getting it done, I will save the wood for anybody with a projecct in mind!

Comment

Re:recycle that old deck!

There is an old ampitheter in City Hall Plaza in Boston that was covered over for the Big Apple Circus. The support structure and deck are all built with 2x8 PT. I heard that the structure is temperary and will be removed at some point. I thought about contacting somebody to find out if the lumber could be recycled. The problem is, there is too much lumber. I couldn't imagine the city being interested in donating it unless somebody took it all or a significant amount of it and transportation and storage would cost a fortune. The quantity of lumber is in the thousands of pieces.

Comment

Working...
      X