No announcement yet.

58cm road bike

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58cm road bike

I am looking for a used road bike. I think a 58cm would work, possibly a 60cm (I'm a road newbie on the road, but I can check geometry against what I think I need). I have a budget of $1000. I'm willing to travel an hour or so to buy - I live in Northern CT.

Anyone have anything?
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Going over to the dark side, hey John? Don't ignore cyclocross bikes in your size; with a swap to smooth tires, they ride just as well as road bikes in my opinion, and have clearance for bigger tires and fenders. 28mm tires ride much better than 23s

I am selling a bunch of non-bike stuff on Craigslist, I was prepared to use the funds to build up a Honzo, but my wife rightly pointed out that I would ride a road bike more often than a hardtail. She's totally right. I have a road bike on loan right now and I really do enjoy riding it.
      Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

The cyclocross bike idea is very good. That's just what I did.

Pm sent

Jesse at Dave's Bike Infirmary has been pumping out some nice steel-framed road rigs. Nicely built and painted, with decent components. I can get some specs and pics if you want, and/or you can call them 617-696-6123.
            I think some may go for under 1k, depending on the parts.
            If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on.--Lance Armstrong

Did you ever get a bike??

PM sent

Your mailbox is full. Got some info for you.