Odd Size Seatpost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Size Seatpost

I am looking for a 28.6mm diameter _ according to my measuring calipers _ seatpost for an early 2000s Trek 820 that I am slowly "throwing together" for a second bike. Anybody in the North Shore or Boston area have such an animal?

maybe you could get a shim from your local shop to fit a 27.2 or 26.8?

Comment

i have a race face diablos that size it's been cut down but if you are interested i could check it out for you

Comment

Might want to check your LBS, kalloy makes posts in every size, and they are usually less than $20. Or you could go with a Thomson, I've oredered that size before, but they are about 5x the price.

Comment

I'll try to see if there is a Kalloy available, but Beerman247's thought sounds like a very inviting _ and easier _ idea. Thanks guys.

Comment

Soda cans make excellent shims. I've got one in my old mtb that I use for road riding. Post hasn't moved in 2 years of riding. Not sure I'd want that in my main mtb, but...
            Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Comment

True

Originally posted by Jisch View Post
              Soda cans make excellent shims. I've got one in my old mtb that I use for road riding. Post hasn't moved in 2 years of riding. Not sure I'd want that in my main mtb, but...

A few years ago, I saw someone do that in desperation. It looked like it was working, but I'm not interested in going that route.

Comment

Working...
              X