11/5/17 9:00am to 4:00pm
Join Cape Cod NEMBA for a day of incredible riding and good times at the renowned Trail of Tears.
Mark your calendars! 11/5/17
There will be plenty of parking, picnic tables and displays from bike shops.
Sign up will be from 9:00 to 11:00 AM.
Cost: $10.00 for NEMBA members, $25.00 for non-members and FREE for anyone who joins NEMBA at the event - Kids 15 and under ride free with a registered parent or Guardian.
There will be demo bikes available. We plan to have a short test loop as well as a kid's course right at Camp Lyndon while the main portion of the adult riding will be at the Trail of Tears.
There will be marked loops for all ability levels as well as led rides.
- The introductory loop will be about 10 miles long. It's mostly flat with a lot of twisty singletracks.
- The Intermediate loop will break off from the introductory loop. It will add about 9 miles of intermediate level singletracks. Lots of hills and more windy flowing singletrack.
- The advanced loop options will add another 5 miles, These will include the most difficult trails that the Trail of Tears has to offer.
- The led rides will mostly stick to the marked courses. But, the leaders may choose to add in or subtract a few trails if it seems appropriate.
- The led rides will depart all depart between 9:30 and 10:30.
- The advanced ride, 24 miles will depart at 9:30.
- The Intermediate rides, 15 miles will start at 9:45
- The intermellow ride, 15 miles will start at 10:00
- The Beginners ride, 10 miles will start at 10:30.
Take a close look at this MAP to get an idea of the available trails.
Bathroom and changing facilities will be available and if the weather cooperates, you might even get to go for a late season swim.
A coffee truck and a food truck will be there. Team Forza-G,a Jimmy Fund benefit, will be there with pulled Pork sandwiches and brisket. But, BYOB.
Lodging: For those looking to make a weekend of it, or to avoid a long early morning drive consider the Cape Codder Resort in nearby Hyannis, just mention NEMBA when you reserve a room and you'll get 20% off.
Trail of Tears, Barnstable MA