8/18/17 3:30pm to 8/20/17 3:30pm
ime is growing near for CR NEMBA’s Fourth Annual NEMBA TrailFest. We will be teaming up with Maine Huts and Trails (MH&T) to bring an outstanding work, ride, eat and stay experience to our friends from all over New England again this year. The dates are August 18-20
The Digs and Grub
Volunteers are the guests of Maine Huts & Trails who will be providing the food and their fully staffed Stratton Brook “Hut” at no cost. This “Hut” is a million dollar, self-sufficient facility in the wilderness on a hill with sweeping views and includes, bunk houses, composting toilets, showers and a full service commercial kitchen. Participants will have free lodging on Friday and Saturday nights August 20stnd & 21st. MH&T will be providing dinner on Friday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. See below for Bonus extended stay discount pricing option!
If you are not familiar with Maine Huts & Trails visit their website http://www.mainehuts.org/our-huts/stratton-brook while there, and check out the Stratton Brook Hut.
There are several projects we are looking at for this year’s event. The specific project has not yet been determined but be not afraid, there is a lot going on in Carrabassett Valley and we will have something rewarding for everyone to do. We will be updating participants as this portion of the event further develops.
- Friday, August 18th - Arrive in Carrabassett Valley and ride your bike to Stratton Brook Hut for dinner at 7:00 pm and camp fire fun. If you would like a gear shuttle, your bag must be at the Outdoor Center by 6:30
- Saturday, August 19th - breakfast at 7:30AM at Stratton Brook Hut;
trail work 8:30AM – 2:30PM (lunch served on the trail), back to the hut for a ride at 3:30PM; dinner at 7:00PM followed by Live Music. Beer and wine will be available for sale through MH&T
- Sunday, August 20st – breakfast 7:30AM; trail work 8:30AM – 1:00PM (lunch served on the trail), back to the hut for a ride.
The Call to Action
Please RSVP ASAP! We are expecting a tremendous turn out and space is limited. Bunks will be first come (RSVP) first serve.
RSVP NEMBA TrailFest required. Please contact David at dhughes@carrabassett.NEMBA.org to RSVP or with any questions.
- If you are planning to attend but not staying overnight at the hut, please let us know if you are planing to join us for any of the meals and if so, which ones, so we can plan the food purchases accordingly. If you are staying at the hut we will assume you are joining us for all the meals unless you tell us differently.
- Due to liquor law challenges. We will not be able to provide free beer. Beer and wine will be available for purchase at the hut through MH&T. There will be keg of beer that will be specially priced for TrailFest participants. If you BYOB, MH&T asks that you consume in your bunkroom.
Maine Huts & Trails is offering a special rate to stay for one night (Sunday @ 25% discount) or two nights (Sun and Monday @ 50% discount) to NEMBA TrailFest participants who worked the Saturday and Sunday of the event.
RSVP Extended stay required. Please call MH&T reservations team at 207-265-2400 and tell them you are part of the event.
Dave Hughes (CR NEMBA Event Coordinator)
Peter Smith (CR NEMBA President)
Charlie Woodworth (MH&T Executive director)
Josh Tauses (CR NEMBA Trail Boss)
Jason Cooke (MH&T Trail Manager)
Sarah Pine (Huts Manager)
CR NEMBA board and members
Maine Huts and Trails and members
Town of Carrabassett Valley and citizens
And mountain bikers everywhere!